Tip #1 – Showcase high-level customer service actions
We have seen dealership use flat screens in the showroom that display the customer’s name and appointment time. We also like when the receptionist has a list of customers names at the front desk so that the customer can see we expected them upon arrival. When low number of daily appointments, it is easy to have sales teams write the customers names down on their notepads so they can let the customer know everyone was talking about them in your morning meeting!
Tip #2 – Use “Reserved For ______” tags in vehicle
We like to see a heavy card stock with a customer’s name in a nice looking font. We like Papyrus or Noteworthy or go modern and use Futura. Increase the font size to 64-80. Print. Tent. Apply.
Tip #3 – Prepare a vehicle
This is a nice touch to a face-to-face first impression. Pull it. Gas it. Inspect it. Be ready to show it.
Tip #4 – Use appointment folder
Any paperwork, reviews, vehicle information, etc. put into a folder showcases effort and professionalism.
Training begins on first day on the job.
Some clients have shared with us some techniques to increase efficiency with new hires. The idea is to prepare new hires and arm with training tools prior to start date.
Here are some tips:
- GM pairs up new hire with an established salesperson via email prior to day one on the job. The email introduces one another.
- The next step, is for the established salesperson to call/text the new hire and set up a “meet and greet.” The salesperson then shows the new hire all the departments and gets the opportunity to meet some new people they will soon work with.
- The GM also meets with the new hire to review 3 year career path that includes training path and goals.
- Online training access is given with goals to complete. Training manuals and tools are provided so the new hire can study up and be ready to begin training on day one on the job.
Online Sales Training
We help salespeople understand how to set appointments and get them to show on time. We believe in helping people succeed and our resources will help any new hire on board effectively with the tools to succeed.
Top 6 reasons for purchasing from this dealership
- Sales Associate/Customer Service
- Best price/deal
- Dealership reputation
- Best model/color
- Hours of service/Location
- Best financing
Top 6 Reasons for purchasing from this salesperson
- Price and/or value of vehicle
2015 U.S. Women’s Car Dealership Report
Experience-Based Selling Tips
Use a tablet to access the customer record in your CRM upon customer arrival. A brief 60-90 seconds to verify the notes either you or an appointment setter collected will make sure you are on the same page with this buyer. Continue to use your tablet to tackle notes during the visit so all details are stored in a safe place to use in future contacts.
- Identify personal video walk around, pre-sales process
- Identify text, pre-sales process
- Process for customer waiting around in dealership (pulling second vehicle, salesperson waiting for manager at desk, etc.)
- Create video library with informative videos to use during sales process (For your tablet)
Have you thought about how many customers are intimidated when pulling up to your dealership? Is it because there are multiple people standing around all staring at them as they pull in? Have you tried a professional up system with an app that allows salespeople to be outside watching the lot instead of everyone outside waiting and killing time? Just think how many prospecting calls could be made if everyone was using the app and could see where they are in rotation? It’s a win for everyone.
Companies We Are Diggin’ On Right Now
We are really into CoVideo. The joy our Trainers feel when they enter the client site and see the cameras up on everyone’s computer. So we are loving this product because it is easy to use, you can see how many times someone has viewed your masterpiece and you can replace email follow ups with videos! Sending a more customized and personal video increases open rates and responses that lead to more on-time appointments!